Monday, March 12, 2007

JEFF STONE NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!


PLEASE HELP JEFF STONE!!!

The oh-so quotable Jeff Stone, does not have a quote for his Baseball Almanac stats page. And I know there are plenty to choose from.

Let's get together as the geniuses of the Phillies' Blogosphere and start a list of Jeff Stone quotes.

We'll take the best one and send it to Baseball Almanac to place on his page.

Here is one entry:

"No thanks. I don't drink."

Jeff Stone in response to the question: "Do you want a shrimp cocktail?"

There are plenty more out there... dig 'em out and post them.

UPDATE: I just found an article from 2004 giving us the low down on the where-abouts of Jeff Stone. Kind of a sad story.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jeff Stone...now there is an ex-Phil I had totally forgotten about. I think him being quoteless would be very appropriate!

Skeeter said...

I unfortunately was 5 years old when Stone retired. I didn't get to hear his wisdom. If I can dig one up I'll post it. Damn my age!!

GM-Carson said...

I love looking at older baseball cards...classic.

By the way I have the John Kruk rock opera that doubles as an ESPN commercial posted on my blog @ http://pabaseball.blogspot.com

klkatz said...

rock opera complete with Geddy Lee action figure.

Philly Keith said...

He was dumb as a bag of rocks from what I heard