Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Last Phillie To Get a Hit Award; Or How I was Rod Barajased into Submission

Congratulations to Rod Barajas, who was the last Phillies position player to record his first hit. He accomplished this feat last night in the first inning, slugging an RBI single to score Wes Helms.

The hit, a screaming-slow-roller to deep shortstop, could only be knocked down by the Astro's Adam Everett. Apparently it was too hot to handle.

Barajas started the season 0 for 10, which isn't bad for a backup catcher with no arms.... oh, what? Barajas has arms? Then the 0 for 10 is awful.
I take back everything I said in my 2nd ever PhilliesChronicles posting when I stated that Barajas was a welcome addition to the ballclub and added a "Good Job Gillick!". That comment makes me cringe, and actually throw up a little bit in my mouth.


"I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back." -- A little Goonies for you..

Rod Barajas Kind of Sucks. To see how much he sucks, check out the Tiny Mistake's posting about the analysis of Rod Barajas' Suckage. (i think i just made up that word...)

I want Chris Coste. Phellow Phillies Blogger, Von Hayes #9 has a good posting about Chris Coste and the raw deal he got. A good read. He makes some great points.
The english translation of Barajas means 'to shuffle'. That is what I'd like the Phillies to do... shuffle the roster a little to get rid of Barajas.

PS: And please don't hate me for being optimistic about this guy many months ago. I take it all back. I'd rather Steve Lake, John Russell or even Sal Fasano.

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I hate Rod Barajas, I hate Pat Gillick, I hate Charlie Manuel, and I hate myself for loving the Phillies. Dammit, this is frustrating!

klkatz said...

Carson... why don't you tell us how you really feel.