Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Complete Lenny Dykstra Summary Pack

So I'm checking my email and at the top of the Google where the sponsored links are... and I come across a curious ad that reads "Lenny Dykstra Biography and Summary Pack".

It is there asking me to click on it so that I can gain more knowledge about Dykstra as if he can be compared with Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill or Ghandi. A Lenny Dykstra summary pack, complete with a 9 page biography and an encyclopedia article. What is this stuff?
Check out some of the features on the left. Are these things for real? An interview with the girl he groped? Discarded tobacco in the shape of the The Boss? You can't make this stuff up.

Don't get me wrong, Nails is my favorite Phillies of all time, but to have an entire collection of literature focused on his boring-middle-class-existence just doesn't seem right. I remember hearing that Dykstra didn't go to his prom and went to baseball practice instead.

I'm thinking he didn't go to his prom because all the girls were freaked out by his Pete Rose intensity mixed with his Hugh Hefner creepiness, those two don't mix when it comes to charming the ladies.
The Dude, will always be in the hearts and minds of the Philadelphia Phillies Phaithful as the Fall Phil, the man who stepped it up in the playoffs and proved to the world that he was not going to allow this team to go down lightly.
We love you Nails!
Here are my thoughts on "The Dude" and The Tao Of Dykstra... and finally, for posterity a List of My Favorite Phillies, which ofcourse, includes Dykstra.

No comments: