Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fish Stories: The One that Almost Got Away...

"Joe, you should have seen this whopper. He must have been 200lbs., and he was 6 feet if he was an inch... He was a fighter too... He almost got away. His line snagged on a rock and I couldn't free it. So do you know what I did? I jumped right in there and grabbed him myself... Yep. And then we ate him for dinner that night, and put the rest in the freezer for later."

The Phillies almost let one get away tonight. Myers got our big catch snagged on the rock, but luckily Abraham Nunez was willing to jump in and save the day.

The game was a see-saw battle. Garcia pitched okay. He still didn't make it to the 7th inning, nor was he too keen on keeping the Phillies in the lead. He relinquished two leads. However, the last several innings were exciting to say the least.

Now, because I'm still in Atlanta (moving in 10 days back home to Philly), I can only listen to the game with MLB Audio. So I can't make a comment on the play at the plate... but it doesn't matter now because we won the game. But my summation is that Barajas is at fault for dropping to his knee and then standing up to make the tag. If the throw beats the runner, the catcher shouldn't have a problem making the tag, unless they do something strange. And according to Larry Anderson, the ump was in no position to see the play and probably should have called him out... regardless.

Good win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should stay in Atlanta and enjoy a winning team!