Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Same Old.. Same Old...

I'm back from a brief hiatus. I had to take some time to figure out job stuff, moving, mortgages, etc... it's almost figured out and I have a few moments to ponder what has been happening with our Fightin' Phils...

Absolutely Nothin'... Say it Again!

The Phillies are the exact same team they were last year, the year before and the year before that. We have potential but don't perform. We have glimpses of hope, but don't follow the light. We have talent, but not many wins. We have good pitching performances and no runs. We score runs and have poor pitching performances.

It appears as if the only player we can count on year in and year out.. is the Phanatic. Here's a picture of him to make us smile. At least this team is good at something. We definitely do the mascot thing right....

At this point in the season we should be officially 'gelled'. There should be no excuse. Charlie has been mixing up the lineup a little bit... to his advantage, I like managers that do this... but his quick hook last night of Garcia was a bit confusing...

Elmer Fudd is doing nothing to motivate this ball club. We need Eskin to light another fire under him.

PS - ETA for my wife and I to have officially moved back to Philly is... 27 days. Can't wait.
I have pics of me and some friend at the Phillies/Braves game in Atlanta.. that was the one we actually won... you'll see them soon.

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Same old bull$hit, just another day. I'm only 27 years old, but I'm about fed up. I wish I could just give up and not care, but the fact remains I live and die with this team...too bad they don't throw us a bone sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I am close to my breaking point this season. Enough is enough already. I hate supporting this ownership group because I know they only care about making money.

Serenity Now!