Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Its Official: Carlos Ruiz Has Earned It!!!

Carlos Ruiz has proven time and time again that he is not the future catcher of this ball club. He is the catcher of this ball club... NOW!

Carlos Ruiz's bases clearing double in the 4th inning of tonight's ballgame was enough to make me stop preparing for my wife's birthday and run to my computer to announce this news.

I have no idea why Rod Barajas still gets playing time. Every time Carlos Ruiz starts, he performs. He stole home tonight... that's the first time in 10 seasons a Phillie has stole home. (Scott Rolen was the last to do it in 1997).

Currently Ruiz is hitting, .273 with 6 HRs and 36 RBIs. And this has been done with Barajas stealing about 80 of his ABs... getting about 15 starts too many.

To Manuel's credit it appears as if he's getting it. It does seem like Ruiz has been playing more and resting less. Next year I expect Ruiz to play in 140 plus games. None of this 110/50 game split. Ruiz is our starter, Ruiz is a gamer...

Ruiz has earned it!

No ifs, ands or Barajas....

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

KLKatz- not to be a dick, but when did Ruiz collect 6 homeruns and 36 rbi this season? My count has him at 3 HR and 26 rbi. Either way, he's my starting catcher for sure, and I'd banish Barajas and call up Coste to backup Chooch.

klkatz said...

i'm not exactly sure where I got those numbers, I did a quick look up and must have screwed up the transition...

but you're right... regardless, he's proven to be an asset